Foods that can help and hinder us
1) Fish - I bought Salmon and Tuna. Why? Fish contain Omega-3s which decrease the production of chemicals that spread inflammation, plus they inhibit enzymes that trigger it. They also contain Vitiman D, which helps prevent swelling and soreness.
2) Broccoli -- Which contains Vitiman C to help support my immune system.
3) Nuts -- Brazil nuts contain huge amounts of selenium – 272 micrograms in just three or four nuts, compared to 63 micrograms in 3 ounces of tuna. Which is what helps decrease inflammation.
4) Green Tea -- Studies show that certain antioxidant compounds in the brew lessen the incidence and severity of rheumatoid arthritis.
5) Ginger Tea-- Is a huge anti-inflammatory agent. It is natural and safe, and has shown to be better than taking 2 asprin.
I hope these help! Here are a few links that discuss natural food benefits for Arthrits: