JRA.... Journal of a Radical Arthritis Chick

Here I give advice, speak of my experiences and give information to those who want to better understand Rheumatoid Arthritis. I am NOT a medical professional, and you should always seek advice from a doctor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Hello everyone! I am 28 years old and was diagnosed with JRA (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis) when I was just 3 years old. I've had my battles with this disease over the years, and have decided to create a blog. I want to share my stories and adivce with other RA chicks, or anyone interested, to raise awareness and get insight from others. Feel free to comment/question me about anything. Thanks, and I hope you enjoy!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Update!!

Hello! Sorry I haven't written in a while, have had a lot going on.  I plan on getting back on track with the writing of the blog.  I have a few ideas to write about and will be coming out in the next few days.   Today, I'm starting off with an update since I had a few appointments in Boston yesterday. 

First, I always leave my house early because of traffic, but yesterday I hit traffic everywhere possible! It was awful, it took me 2 hours to get to Boston and i was half an hour late for my first appointment.  Thank goodness all the secretaries are so awesome and when I called ahead to let them know, they said it was fine.  They know I come from far away.  Everything ended up working out, but still I always feel horrible for being late and messing up people's schedule's. 

I saw my immunologist first, and things were okay.  It was just a check up really with him.  I'm currently on an IV called Hizentra that helps build up some of my antibodies.  He also told me to stay on my antibiotic that I take weekly, until Spring/Summer.  I see him again in June, and we'll see how I do off of the meds then.  I was also sent for blood work to check my antibody levels.

Next, I saw my rheumatologist, things went okay there.  He found inflammation in my right knee and the right side of my jaw.  I've been off prednisone for almost 2 weeks now, so it could be because of that. We discussed different options and both decided to try to up the Methotrexate and see how I do on that.  Before, my hair was falling out bad and I was put on a vitamin to help it slow it down, which it has.  Hopefully upping it doesn't cause any side effects, but we will have to wait and see.  I got sent for blood work for that also.

Last, I went to have a bone density scan.  I won't know anything about that for a week or so.  I tried sneaking a peak to see my T-score, but I failed to see anything.  Overall, my appointments weren't too bad, now I just have to wait and see basically.  Which, is I all I seem to do lately, just wait for results, but that's life I guess. In the meantime, I am just working on getting better, and living a healthier lifestyle by eating better and exercising more.  I've been at it for 3 weeks, and so far it's been good. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home