JRA.... Journal of a Radical Arthritis Chick

Here I give advice, speak of my experiences and give information to those who want to better understand Rheumatoid Arthritis. I am NOT a medical professional, and you should always seek advice from a doctor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Hello everyone! I am 28 years old and was diagnosed with JRA (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis) when I was just 3 years old. I've had my battles with this disease over the years, and have decided to create a blog. I want to share my stories and adivce with other RA chicks, or anyone interested, to raise awareness and get insight from others. Feel free to comment/question me about anything. Thanks, and I hope you enjoy!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Handicap Placard

How many of you have a Handicap Placard?  I've had one for years, I don't always use it, but when I'm going through a flare-up, it helps immensly.  Here is a photo of my original placard, from 1989! :)   I sometimes have a hard time with it though.  I've had many people say mean things to me because I'm young and "look fine".  This one never expired, so I never got a new one.  As a freshman in college, I parked in handicap one day feeling stiff.  The campus security cop came over and gave me such a hard time, he was so mean! He didn't believe this was mine, so I ended up getting a new one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home