JRA.... Journal of a Radical Arthritis Chick

Here I give advice, speak of my experiences and give information to those who want to better understand Rheumatoid Arthritis. I am NOT a medical professional, and you should always seek advice from a doctor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Hello everyone! I am 28 years old and was diagnosed with JRA (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis) when I was just 3 years old. I've had my battles with this disease over the years, and have decided to create a blog. I want to share my stories and adivce with other RA chicks, or anyone interested, to raise awareness and get insight from others. Feel free to comment/question me about anything. Thanks, and I hope you enjoy!

Friday, October 21, 2011

Bad blogger!

I've been a bad blogger.... and I apologize.  Life gets busy sometimes, and illnesses sometimes take over our lives, no matter how much we try not to let it.  Just been feeling down and out of sorts lately.  So sorry about that.  I'll do an update on what is going on!

I went through a bad spout of horrible fatigue.  Tried everything I could to help it, and nothing worked. I saw my Rheumatologist a few weeks ago... I believe it was September 28th.  He ran blood tests and nothing showed up for the fatigue, said it's probably from the Methotrexate and Humira that I'm on.  Joints looked fantastic! Yay! 

I've also been experiencing horrible cramps.  I was diagnosed with IBS back in June, but this is period cramps.  They start two weeks before my period and last through most of the dreadful week. I was diagnosed with dysmenorrhea (cramping disorder) back when I was 12 years old, and have taken birth control effectively ever since.  For the past two years, the pains have gotten progressively worse, even with hormone changes to my birth control.  I see an OBGYN next week - primary care doctor suspects endometriosis.  I'll have to wait and see what happens. 

I have some ideas on upcoming blogs, so I should get back into the swing of things soon!  :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home