JRA.... Journal of a Radical Arthritis Chick

Here I give advice, speak of my experiences and give information to those who want to better understand Rheumatoid Arthritis. I am NOT a medical professional, and you should always seek advice from a doctor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Hello everyone! I am 28 years old and was diagnosed with JRA (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis) when I was just 3 years old. I've had my battles with this disease over the years, and have decided to create a blog. I want to share my stories and adivce with other RA chicks, or anyone interested, to raise awareness and get insight from others. Feel free to comment/question me about anything. Thanks, and I hope you enjoy!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ramblings & brownies?!

Ever have one of those days where you just feel totally out of it, and hours go by without you even realizing it?  Yea... that's me today.  I woke up at 10, got some breakfast and was sitting on the couch and looked at the clock and realize it was 1pm.  Don't remember eating my breakfast or what I did during that 3 hours, but my breakfast was eaten! Maybe I just have a lot on my mind lately, or maybe it's some side affect from some medication... who knows?! I figured I'd try to write down how I feel, maybe try to really write blogs more often.  Writing can be so therapeutic sometimes, just writing out how you feel, not caring who sees it.  I don't like to get too personal on here, because I really don't know who reads it, and frankly there are certain people who don't need to know all my business (not to sound rude).  People who are rude, or who plainly don't care about me, don't deserve to try to pry into my life.  I guess I'm just feeling confused and hurt by certian things that have gone on in my life, things you try to forget but creep up on you when you least expect it. Sorry for the rambling, like I said, odd mood today.

Anyways... a little update for you all.  I had to see the lovely OBGYN last week, totally favorite appointments, right ladies?  Hah.  Well my doctor is pretty rad, she was sweet and totally made me feel comfortable!  I've been having severe cramps for months now... it started as a kid, I was diagnosed with the cramping disorder Dysmenhorrea.  Over the past few months, the cramps keep getting worse and worse.  Had some of the normal tests done, and am scheduled for an ultrasound next week to get a good look inside.  For now, I'm not taking the "sugar pills" so I'm only getting my period every 3 months! Woo! I guess that helps with cramping, and has no complications in the future when I want to be a mom.  More waiting, but at least I am getting some answers.  Of course I had to finish out this pack of pills and my Aunt Flow came for a visit starting yesterday.... so today I feel like absolute crap.  Cramps are awful, no pain medicine seems to touch it.  Spending my day on the couch with a good book, and eating my leftover Halloween brownies! (see photo below) What cravings do you have during this time?  I always crave something chocolate.... mostly I eat oreos or brownies, my two favs!

 



Well that's my day... and to work on some more interesting blogs coming up! Sorry for the rambling, and the random blog.  :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home